The popular Nivo Image slider, is now an EE fieldtype!
Easy to Use
Images can be added straight from the publish page using the standard EE file manager or Pixel & Tonic's Assets into an easy to use matrix-esque table. You can add, remove and re-order images as well as specify a caption, link URL and alt text for each image.
Supporting all options available in the Nivo Slider jQuery plugin, you lose nothing and don't have to spend ages configuring a custom solution. All options are configurable at both the channel and individual entry level. You can even create a custom theme, drop it in the themes folder and JW Nivo will detect it for use!
Resized images are cached for quick page loading. JW Nivo will only embed the styles and scripts once—even if you have multiple sliders on a single page! JW Nivo will also load jQuery from the Google CDN—but only if you haven't loaded it already!
- Fix issue where images were not displaying in the control panel when using Assets
- Fix regression causing errors when using Assets
- Fix missing bundled jQuery
- Fix errors when system has PHP short tags disabled
- Fix bug where native file browser was locked to a directory
- Fix bug where field wouldn't save in EE 2.7.1+
- Fix other UI issues native file browser
- Add backwards compatibility for EE < 2.6
- Fix bug that caused an error when using Assets 2 with a responsive slider
- ExpressionEngine 2.6 compatibility
- Drop JSON helper - JW Nivo now requires PHP 5.2.4+ (same as EE 2.6)
- Add compatibility with Assets 2 (Drops support for Assets 1 - if you are using Assets 1, use JW Nivo 1.2.x)
- Fix regression default cache directory
- Fix regression with adding an image to a slide
- Add require_jquery parameter to disable loading of jQuery
- Fix issue where you couldn't change upload directory on new slides
- Change default cache location to be in /system/expressionengine/cache
- Update jQuery to version 1.9.1 and change CDN to Cloudflare
- Update Nivo jQuery plugin to version 3.2
- Fix error when assets is not installed
- Fixed undefined variable error on the publish page
- Patched missing JSON functions in PHP 5.1.6
- Support for P&T Assets
- Minor CSS fixes
- Public Release